Now the water level has come up substantially we can expect lots of water for the first open meeting of the year held at MSC
NOTICE OF RACE
BRITISH MOTH AND SOLO OPEN MEETING
To be held on 28th March 2020
1. Rules. The regattas will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2017 - 2020, RYA Racing Charter, RYA Prescriptions, RYA Risk Statement in Addendum A of Appendix J, Class Rules, except as changed by the Maidenhead Sailing Club Open Meeting Sailing Instructions which may be downloaded from the MSC web site at https://www.maidenheadsc.org.uk/main/racing-and-results-mainmenu-45.html and will also be available at registration.
2. Eligibility and Entry
2.1. The regatta is open to all boats of the Solo and British Moth classes.
2.2. Eligible boats may enter on the day by completing registration and may be asked to produce: • A valid measurement certificate • A current buoyancy endorsement
2.3. Solo Only Silver Fleet An informal “Silver Fleet” prize will be awarded for the first place boat categorised in the Silver Fleet. Criteria for entry to the Silver Fleet will be decided on the day depending on entries, but it is aimed at the newer or less experienced members of the class, or those with boats of an older vintage.
2.4 British Moth Only A prize will be awarded for highest placed boat whose sail number is less than no 800, and to the first lady helm
3. Fees. The entry fee for the event is £15.00 per boat.
One complimentary lunch is included in the entry fee, please order before going afloat. Additional lunches are available for spectators etc. @ £5.00 each. Tea and cakes will be served after racing.
· Registration 9:30 onwards
· Briefing 10:30
· Race 1 11:00
· Race 2 after lunch
· Race 3 ASAP after conclusion of race 2 (Back to Back)
· Tea 16:00 approx. Prize Giving ASAP after conclusion of racing
5. Venue The regatta will be held at Maidenhead Sailing Club.
A map showing the venue and directions may be downloaded from the MSC web site at http://www.maidenheadsc.org.uk/
6. The Courses The courses to be sailed will be set on the Maidenhead Sailing Club Lake. An outline map of the lake and approximate position of the marks may be downloaded from the MSC website at: https://www.maidenheadsc.org.uk/main/images/PDF/MSC_YJ_Race_Sheet.pdf
7. Scoring 7.1. The low point scoring system, as set out in RRS Appendix A4.1 will apply.
7.2. One race is required to be completed to constitute a series.
7.3. When fewer than 3 races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores. When 3 races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
8. Prizes will be given as follows:
Solo: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Silver Fleet 1st Place
British Moth: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, 1st Lady, 1st Vintage boat
9. Disclaimer of Liability Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
10. Insurance. Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of £3,000,000 per event or the equivalent.
There are some planned changes to the duties. To help understand these there are two alternative dates available to team leaders, and to those who could be interested in seeing what it is all about.
January 26th (Sunday) 1:30 after racing
February 6th (Thursday) 8pm
Please see Andy Pearce, James Gladwyn, or Simon Hall to let us know which date you prefer.
After all the festive eating come and burn off those calories by taking part in one or all the pursuit races over t he festive period. Experienced, non experienced, novices are all welcome.
There are prizes for each race and a trophy for the winner of each race and the series.
They will be for one hour.
Mince pies etc
Start times on each day 10:30am
DATES: Boxing Day 26th, Sunday 29th New Years Day 1st
NOTICE OF AGM on Thursday 5th DECEMBER 2019
To be held at the Clubhouse, Lakeside off Summerleaze Road, Maidenhead
Agenda etc to be released separately.
Learn of our exciting proposed changes for the future of the club.
If you fancy supper to start off the evening, a pie and pint for a fiver will be available at 7pm. Please contact me either by text or email to reserve your pie. Choice of Chicken, Beef or vegetarian.
This year we are introducing a Q&A session at the end of official business. Please send any specific questions to me by Sunday 1st December.
QUIZ social (& light supper) event Saturday, 9 Nov…19.00 for 19.30 start
**Tickets for sale**
· Come along, bring family &/or friends to create a team or we will help put people into teams for a fun filled evening….great opportunity for newer members to meet fellow club members.
· Range of light-hearted questions & picture quizzes across a range of “fun” general knowledge subjects for adults. (NB no sailing questions)
· Venue - Maidenhead Sailing Club (MSC) Bar & kitchen open to buy drinks.
· Saturday, 9 November....19.00 for 19.30 start.
· £10 ticket per person includes entry & light supper….advise if a Vegetarian by email - see below**.
Tickets purchase options
- Option 1 – Webcollect (from 11th) ++ Pay separately into MSC bank account
- Option 2 - Club Bar (cash only) – Sunday (am) & Thursday evenings.
- Option 3 - Email your tickets order (use email below**) + pay as option 1b above.
· Net proceeds to MSC & RNLI.
Please advise (& pay for) your tickets orders before 22 October.
We're starting Youth and Juniors again from Saturday 5th October at 9am-1pm.
Session dates are: 5th October, 19th October, 9th November, 23th November, 7th December (Regatta).
If you haven't been to youth and juniors before why not pop down and see what it's like.
If you aren't a member, you can still join us to try it out, space permitting we can take you out in a dinghy.
See if you enjoy it as much as us!
Only £5 per session boat hire + reduced Winter membership —become a club member, join the fun.
More to come from February 2020
20th Sept—GRAND OPENING FREE CLUB SUP RENTAL
No experience required everyone is welcome!
Paddle Board and Kayak Social Group – September and October events
Friday 20th September – 5pm to 7pm – GRAND OPENING FREE SUP RENTAL (+ bar open)
Friday 27th September – 5pm to 7pm (+ bar open)
Saturday 5th October – 1pm to 3pm (+ social lunch)
Saturday 12th October – 10am to 12pm (+ social lunch)
Saturday 19th October – 1pm to 3pm (+ social lunch)
Sunday 27th October– 1pm to 3pm (Sunday Lunch/Soup for sale available at the club)