QUIZ social (& light supper) event Saturday, 9 Nov…19.00 for 19.30 start
**Tickets for sale**
· Come along, bring family &/or friends to create a team or we will help put people into teams for a fun filled evening….great opportunity for newer members to meet fellow club members.
· Range of light-hearted questions & picture quizzes across a range of “fun” general knowledge subjects for adults. (NB no sailing questions)
· Venue - Maidenhead Sailing Club (MSC) Bar & kitchen open to buy drinks.
· Saturday, 9 November....19.00 for 19.30 start.
· £10 ticket per person includes entry & light supper….advise if a Vegetarian by email - see below**.
Tickets purchase options
- Option 1 – Webcollect (from 11th) ++ Pay separately into MSC bank account
- Option 2 - Club Bar (cash only) – Sunday (am) & Thursday evenings.
- Option 3 - Email your tickets order (use email below**) + pay as option 1b above.
· Net proceeds to MSC & RNLI.
Please advise (& pay for) your tickets orders before 22 October.
We're starting Youth and Juniors again from Saturday 5th October at 9am-1pm.
Session dates are: 5th October, 19th October, 9th November, 23th November, 7th December (Regatta).
If you haven't been to youth and juniors before why not pop down and see what it's like.
If you aren't a member, you can still join us to try it out, space permitting we can take you out in a dinghy.
See if you enjoy it as much as us!
Only £5 per session boat hire + reduced Winter membership —become a club member, join the fun.
More to come from February 2020
20th Sept—GRAND OPENING FREE CLUB SUP RENTAL
No experience required everyone is welcome!
Paddle Board and Kayak Social Group – September and October events
Friday 20th September – 5pm to 7pm – GRAND OPENING FREE SUP RENTAL (+ bar open)
Friday 27th September – 5pm to 7pm (+ bar open)
Saturday 5th October – 1pm to 3pm (+ social lunch)
Saturday 12th October – 10am to 12pm (+ social lunch)
Saturday 19th October – 1pm to 3pm (+ social lunch)
Sunday 27th October– 1pm to 3pm (Sunday Lunch/Soup for sale available at the club)
Despite the difficulties the club has experienced with water levels over the last few weeks the Winter series started this weekend (15th September).
The day attracted 10 boats to the water, on what some may call calm, but for others a pleasant sail on our blue water lake. The racing schedule followed the normal race format for Sundays, being one pursuit race followed by class starts for Albacore, Laser, Solo and Menagerie.
The first races of the series saw many of the usual racers away allowing for some new faces to show their prominence over the fleet.
Next Sunday 22/9/19 will be t he same format.
Thursday 19 September, 7.30pm Dusk Start - Handicap race
Join us for our annual Night sailing race in the dark...starts around 19.30 dusk!
In previous years we have had boats decorated with fairy lights or fancy dress or hats. It is a great fun evening.
We have our bar open and food available to purchase….see details below **.
- Entry fee £1.50 cash to pay for red & green glow sticks.
- Need your boats rigged before 19.15.
- Bring a torch for use after the race (only) to help you de-rig your boat.
- BBQ or Fish & Chips (tba) available to purchase - must be paid for before race start please.
- Suggest you bring warm sailing clothing for the race with a change of clothing.
***Asks - we need volunteers to help us run the race - qualified boat drivers & helpers...food etc, please….contact Gavin or Tim below.
2pm Saturday 28th September 2019
(followed by Summer prize-giving)
Teams of 4-6 people
£10 per entry
All ages welcome
Rules: a) Rafts must be made of found/recycled objects (no, that Albacore was not just lying around) and home-made;
b) Rafts may have sails but must be primarily powered by paddles/oars;
c) Prizes will be given for boat decoration, so let out your inner designer.
If you know of a class, scout, guide, or community group that would like to participate, then they are most welcome. Just let me know.
I am looking for race crew and fellow-judges to help out on the day. Please contact me if you are available.
This event will be followed by the prize-giving and bbq at 5pm, so we hope that you stay around to cheer all our prize-winners.
Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th September
RYA Assistant Instructor course.
The course is for members who wish to become involved in the training. Ideally you should be a competent helm. In addition to this we will need RYA PB2 and RYA First Aid or equivalent, these skills helps but is not essential. Hopefully this will be a stepping stone to become a Dinghy Instructor in due course.
The two day course, covers the teaching program and the role of the instructor levels and responsibilities with land drills, rigging launching and recovery.
We currently have four members on this course
Saturday 14th September
RYA 8 hour first Aid Course
We currently we have 8 members booked on this course, the course fee is £10 – this covers the booklet and certificate, which the RYA provide.
If you are interested in these courses, please email via Training@ email address