A futher message from our Commodore.
I hope everyone is continuing to stay safe as COVID-19 continues to affect our daily lives. I like to be optimistic and hope that the scientists and politicians responsible for guiding us through this have a robust plan on how we can return to some kind of normality... Only time will tell.
Meanwhile the MSC GP and Sailing Committees are continuing to meet and discuss how activities at the club can safely resume once government starts to lift restrictions on travel. The RYA has recently announced that it is working on a “Return to boating strategy” but we will have to wait and see what guidance they can give us. In the meantime we are developing our own Red / Amber / Green approach which will hopefully enable us to get back onto the water for recreational sailing and paddleboarding in the near future. Dates will need to be confirmed however the plan may be something like this:-
- Strong social distancing to be enforced
- Leisure / recreational sailing and paddleboarding resume
- New members can be welcomed.
- Maintenance activities permitted
- No safety cover
- Only use of club toilets permitted, no access to other areas. Change at home
- Bar closed
- Full resumption of water based activities.
- Training permitted
- Minimal use of clubhouse facilities
- Bar closed
- Resumption of normal operations
Obviously I wish I could give dates and more certainty on when each of these stages will occur, but this depends on factors outside of our control. In the meantime though please join in one of the virtual club racing sessions or join us in the virtual bar on a Wednesday evening - it'd be great to hear from you!