As a club we have now got through this very strange summer, with lockdown, Social Distancing and some of the biggest turnout for sailing and Paddle Sports in the Club's history.
The racing has now returned to the Normal Layout with Handicap racing on the first Sunday of the Month, and Pursuit / Fleet racing the other weekends. There are however a few minor tweaks as following
- Sign on must be via the website, there is no manual written sign on available. This is available from 0100hrs Saturday until 10:00am Sunday
- Maximum 6 boats per jetty. Once launched please sail off to leave room for others
- On Pursuit races, the committee boat will no longer go through the fleet, but competitors must hold position and sail through the finish line.
- On fleet racing competitors are to leave the committee boat to port, except when starting and finishing (unless instructed otherwise).
- The Handicaps for the Lasers have changed from 1087 to 1092 (Pursuit start 6); Laser Radial changed from 1150 to 1147 (Pursuit start 9) and Toppers to 1365. (Pursuit start 22)
- Turn up to the club ready to sail as the changing facilities are only available in emergencies and for toilet use only.
- There is a one way system through the clubhouse.
- Do not come to the club if you have any symptoms of COVID -19
- Maintain Social Distancing, if in the clubhouse wear a face covering, except when eating or drinking. Food and drinks will be brought to the table, so please do not go to the bar or food area to order - wave the flag on the table to draw attention to yourself. Maximum 6 people per table.
- If on duty to turn up at 9:00am to get ready for racing and be prepared to be on the water.