Just a quick update on some changes MSC now feels able to make soon given the new rules which come into effect regarding COVID-19 from July 4th. The full government guidance is available here.
We are highly conscious that this virus still exists in the community and spreads easily, so whilst you are enjoying the club facilities please continue to practice social distancing, wash your hands frequently and make minimal use of the indoor facilities.
Activities which can commence after July 4th are as follows:-
- Thursday evening racing will resume from Thursday July 9th with a single handicap race as usual.
- Sunday racing will resume from July 26th after the 2 weekends of RYA training (July 11/12 & 18/19). The current match racing will continue to run until at least the end of July so there are plenty of opportunities for competitive sailing.
- We hope to restart Saturday Social Sailing on July 25th but running in the afternoons from 1-4pm. These sessions are an ideal opportunity for anyone wanting to improve their sailing skills.
- Double-handed boats may be sailed by members from different households, however efforts should be made to keep as much distance as possible and face coverings are recommended.
- We will start using Dutyman to roster race crews and for Saturday Social Sailing from late July/August however we are conscious that some members may not feel comfortable doing this and we will be asking Team Leaders to contact their teams to see who is able/willing to volunteer to assist with race management and social sailing.
We are also planning a Family Fun Day on Saturday August 8th which will include sailing and paddleboard events, racing, BBQ, music in the evening and an opportunity to camp over at the lake. Please put the date in your diary! And in order to make the site shipshape for this big event we'll be organising a working party on August 2nd to do a big clean up and make up for the lack of a working party earlier this year.