Now the water level has come up substantially we can expect lots of water for the first open meeting of the year held at MSC
NOTICE OF RACE
BRITISH MOTH AND SOLO OPEN MEETING
To be held on 28th March 2020
1. Rules. The regattas will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2017 - 2020, RYA Racing Charter, RYA Prescriptions, RYA Risk Statement in Addendum A of Appendix J, Class Rules, except as changed by the Maidenhead Sailing Club Open Meeting Sailing Instructions which may be downloaded from the MSC web site at https://www.maidenheadsc.org.uk/main/racing-and-results-mainmenu-45.html and will also be available at registration.
2. Eligibility and Entry
2.1. The regatta is open to all boats of the Solo and British Moth classes.
2.2. Eligible boats may enter on the day by completing registration and may be asked to produce: • A valid measurement certificate • A current buoyancy endorsement
2.3. Solo Only Silver Fleet An informal “Silver Fleet” prize will be awarded for the first place boat categorised in the Silver Fleet. Criteria for entry to the Silver Fleet will be decided on the day depending on entries, but it is aimed at the newer or less experienced members of the class, or those with boats of an older vintage.
2.4 British Moth Only A prize will be awarded for highest placed boat whose sail number is less than no 800, and to the first lady helm
3. Fees. The entry fee for the event is £15.00 per boat.
One complimentary lunch is included in the entry fee, please order before going afloat. Additional lunches are available for spectators etc. @ £5.00 each. Tea and cakes will be served after racing.
· Registration 9:30 onwards
· Briefing 10:30
· Race 1 11:00
· Race 2 after lunch
· Race 3 ASAP after conclusion of race 2 (Back to Back)
· Tea 16:00 approx. Prize Giving ASAP after conclusion of racing
5. Venue The regatta will be held at Maidenhead Sailing Club.
A map showing the venue and directions may be downloaded from the MSC web site at http://www.maidenheadsc.org.uk/
6. The Courses The courses to be sailed will be set on the Maidenhead Sailing Club Lake. An outline map of the lake and approximate position of the marks may be downloaded from the MSC website at: https://www.maidenheadsc.org.uk/main/images/PDF/MSC_YJ_Race_Sheet.pdf
7. Scoring 7.1. The low point scoring system, as set out in RRS Appendix A4.1 will apply.
7.2. One race is required to be completed to constitute a series.
7.3. When fewer than 3 races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores. When 3 races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
8. Prizes will be given as follows:
Solo: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Silver Fleet 1st Place
British Moth: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, 1st Lady, 1st Vintage boat
9. Disclaimer of Liability Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
10. Insurance. Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of £3,000,000 per event or the equivalent.