• How often as a fairly longstanding member of the club have I heard…
• I am new to the club and don’t know what I am doing
• I can’t drive a rescue boat I have no experience
• I had an email / call from someone telling me I was on duty today but I don’t know who it is or what I am doing
• Well we are going to try and exorcise this evil and try to remove the mystery of Race Duty
On Thursday 21st March at 8:00pm there is going to be RACE DUTY AWERENESS EVENING in the clubhouse.
The Christmas Series will be taking place as normal. These will be on the 26th (Boxing Day), 30th (Sunday) and the 1st January 2019. Racing comprises one pursuit race on each of these days. it is based on a 11am start. Each Race has its own Trophy, with an overall series winner.
Volunteers are required to run each day's racing so please sign up and help.
This year's AGM will be held in the Clubhouse on the 6th December.
This is everyone's opportunity to hear what has happened at the club and the planned improvements to the Club.
Currently the Following Posts will be vacant as from the AGM. The club relies on volunteers to run the behind the scenes jobs that keep the facilities and future secure.
General Purposes Committee (GPC)
Club Secretary (See Julie M for details)
Communications Officer (See Jenni Craig for details)
Health and Safety Officer (See Phil for details)
The weekend of the 10th and 11th November saw the club in full Charity Mood.
The Saturday night started with a Quiz evening held in the clubhouse which included a variety of questions written and organised by Siobhan and Gavin. The evening also included dinner in the entry price.
The following day saw the Club's annual charity race. This year a different format to previous years. The handicap race was set for 100 minutes to commemorate the 100 years since the end of the FWW. The race format included a little twist that allowed competitors to swap crew if they so wished. At the same time even if there was no crew change they still had to stop at the pontoon.
All proceeds from both events to MSC nominated charities.
November 11th (Remembrance Day) falls on Sunday this year. It is 100 years since the end of WW1 and to commemorate this we are holding our charity race on this day. Normal Club racing lasts for 90 minutes + waiting time between races, so the racing lasts for only 10 minutes longer than normal.
Come along and support the club Charities for the day.
- 100 minute handicap race.
- ENTRY FEE OF £5.00 per person.
- Each boat is to display a poppy
- There is to at least one crew change (an alternative time penalty can be taken instead)
Extra details will be available at a later date.
After a busy summer now is the time to get the club ready for Winter. The next work party is due on Saturday 27th October starting at 10:00am.
If there are any jobs that you know require doing please add them onto the list in the clubhouse. Bring gloves and shoes appropriate for the jobs and tools.
Please note that all members should attend at least one work party a year. There will be refreshments available and some food provided.
Saturday, 10 November, 2018…19.00 for 19.30 start
**Tickets for sale**
Our next Quiz & Supper social event for members, their family & friends to create a team or we will help put people into teams for a fun filled evening.
· Range of light-hearted questions & picture quizzes across a range of “fun” subjects for adults.
· Venue - MSC Bar….the bar & kitchen open to purchase drinks.
· Saturday, 10 November 19.00 for 19.30 start.
· £10 ticket includes a light supper of baked potato with a range of fillings and salad.
· Net proceeds to MSC & RNLI.
· Tickets can be bought from the Bar, Gavin or Siobhan on Sundays
Please advise (& pay for) your tickets orders asap.