Last year we carried out a number of informal coaching sessions and these are going to start again . THe preliminary plan is below
May 12th Setting up boats
May 26 Boat handling and Basic skills
June 9th Race Starts
June 23rd Mark Rounding
July 7th Speed controls and coming along side
July 21 Sailing the beat
This week Thursday sailing / Racing begins. The format is the same as previous years
- 1 x Handicap Race starting at 7:00pm prompt
- Fish and Chips (Need to be ordered before going on the water)
- Bar is open for informal discussions etc
- Volunteers are needed to run the racing and Powerboat handling.
This is an ideal time to learn how to be a race officer, and to practice the powerboats skills not usually used.
Plans are underway for a continuation of the Informal coaching we had last year. To get the ball rolling Power Boat Coaching starts the season, then into more informed sailing coaching later. The program will be uploaded shortly.
14th April 13:30 to 16:30 Power Boat Refresher
28th April 13:30 to 16:30 Power Boat Refresher
The sessions will cover the following: As many rescue boat driver only handle the boats 2 or 3 times a year please use these sessions to refresh your skills. THey are being held immediately after racing on Sundays
· Picking up a mooring buoy and fixing.
· To a capsized water craft.
· Man over board procedure
· High Speed (subject to lake depth)
Other areas that you wish to explore.
• How often as a fairly longstanding member of the club have I heard…
• I am new to the club and don’t know what I am doing
• I can’t drive a rescue boat I have no experience
• I had an email / call from someone telling me I was on duty today but I don’t know who it is or what I am doing
• Well we are going to try and exorcise this evil and try to remove the mystery of Race Duty
On Thursday 21st March at 8:00pm there is going to be RACE DUTY AWERENESS EVENING in the clubhouse.