Please join us on 21st March form 7pm to discover the story of Cal Major, who became the first person in history to stand up paddleboard (SUP) from one end of the UK to the other, Land's End in Cornwall to John O'Groats in Scotland; a voyage of just under 1000 miles, unsupported, in 59 days. The mission was to highlight that wherever we are in the UK we're never too far from plastic pollution affecting our beaches, ocean and waterways, but that despite the severity of the issue, hope and positive action can be found the entire length of the country.
Now the water level has come up substantially we can expect lots of water for the first open meeting of the year held at MSC
NOTICE OF RACE
BRITISH MOTH AND SOLO OPEN MEETING
To be held on 28th March 2020
There are some planned changes to the duties. To help understand these there are two alternative dates available to team leaders, and to those who could be interested in seeing what it is all about.
January 26th (Sunday) 1:30 after racing
February 6th (Thursday) 8pm
Please see Andy Pearce, James Gladwyn, or Simon Hall to let us know which date you prefer.
After all the festive eating come and burn off those calories by taking part in one or all the pursuit races over t he festive period. Experienced, non experienced, novices are all welcome.
There are prizes for each race and a trophy for the winner of each race and the series.
They will be for one hour.
Mince pies etc
Start times on each day 10:30am
DATES: Boxing Day 26th, Sunday 29th New Years Day 1st
NOTICE OF AGM on Thursday 5th DECEMBER 2019
To be held at the Clubhouse, Lakeside off Summerleaze Road, Maidenhead
Agenda etc to be released separately.
Learn of our exciting proposed changes for the future of the club.
If you fancy supper to start off the evening, a pie and pint for a fiver will be available at 7pm. Please contact me either by text or email to reserve your pie. Choice of Chicken, Beef or vegetarian.
This year we are introducing a Q&A session at the end of official business. Please send any specific questions to me by Sunday 1st December.
QUIZ social (& light supper) event Saturday, 9 Nov…19.00 for 19.30 start
**Tickets for sale**
· Come along, bring family &/or friends to create a team or we will help put people into teams for a fun filled evening….great opportunity for newer members to meet fellow club members.
· Range of light-hearted questions & picture quizzes across a range of “fun” general knowledge subjects for adults. (NB no sailing questions)
· Venue - Maidenhead Sailing Club (MSC) Bar & kitchen open to buy drinks.
· Saturday, 9 November....19.00 for 19.30 start.
· £10 ticket per person includes entry & light supper….advise if a Vegetarian by email - see below**.
Tickets purchase options
- Option 1 – Webcollect (from 11th) ++ Pay separately into MSC bank account
- Option 2 - Club Bar (cash only) – Sunday (am) & Thursday evenings.
- Option 3 - Email your tickets order (use email below**) + pay as option 1b above.
· Net proceeds to MSC & RNLI.
Please advise (& pay for) your tickets orders before 22 October.