There are some planned changes to the duties. To help understand these there are two alternative dates available to team leaders, and to those who could be interested in seeing what it is all about.
January 26th (Sunday) 1:30 after racing
February 6th (Thursday) 8pm
Please see Andy Pearce, James Gladwyn, or Simon Hall to let us know which date you prefer.
After all the festive eating come and burn off those calories by taking part in one or all the pursuit races over t he festive period. Experienced, non experienced, novices are all welcome.
There are prizes for each race and a trophy for the winner of each race and the series.
They will be for one hour.
Mince pies etc
Start times on each day 10:30am
DATES: Boxing Day 26th, Sunday 29th New Years Day 1st
NOTICE OF AGM on Thursday 5th DECEMBER 2019
To be held at the Clubhouse, Lakeside off Summerleaze Road, Maidenhead
Agenda etc to be released separately.
Learn of our exciting proposed changes for the future of the club.
If you fancy supper to start off the evening, a pie and pint for a fiver will be available at 7pm. Please contact me either by text or email to reserve your pie. Choice of Chicken, Beef or vegetarian.
This year we are introducing a Q&A session at the end of official business. Please send any specific questions to me by Sunday 1st December.
QUIZ social (& light supper) event Saturday, 9 Nov…19.00 for 19.30 start
**Tickets for sale**
· Come along, bring family &/or friends to create a team or we will help put people into teams for a fun filled evening….great opportunity for newer members to meet fellow club members.
· Range of light-hearted questions & picture quizzes across a range of “fun” general knowledge subjects for adults. (NB no sailing questions)
· Venue - Maidenhead Sailing Club (MSC) Bar & kitchen open to buy drinks.
· Saturday, 9 November....19.00 for 19.30 start.
· £10 ticket per person includes entry & light supper….advise if a Vegetarian by email - see below**.
Tickets purchase options
- Option 1 – Webcollect (from 11th) ++ Pay separately into MSC bank account
- Option 2 - Club Bar (cash only) – Sunday (am) & Thursday evenings.
- Option 3 - Email your tickets order (use email below**) + pay as option 1b above.
· Net proceeds to MSC & RNLI.
Please advise (& pay for) your tickets orders before 22 October.
We're starting Youth and Juniors again from Saturday 5th October at 9am-1pm.
Session dates are: 5th October, 19th October, 9th November, 23th November, 7th December (Regatta).
If you haven't been to youth and juniors before why not pop down and see what it's like.
If you aren't a member, you can still join us to try it out, space permitting we can take you out in a dinghy.
See if you enjoy it as much as us!
Only £5 per session boat hire + reduced Winter membership —become a club member, join the fun.
More to come from February 2020
20th Sept—GRAND OPENING FREE CLUB SUP RENTAL
No experience required everyone is welcome!
Paddle Board and Kayak Social Group – September and October events
Friday 20th September – 5pm to 7pm – GRAND OPENING FREE SUP RENTAL (+ bar open)
Friday 27th September – 5pm to 7pm (+ bar open)
Saturday 5th October – 1pm to 3pm (+ social lunch)
Saturday 12th October – 10am to 12pm (+ social lunch)
Saturday 19th October – 1pm to 3pm (+ social lunch)
Sunday 27th October– 1pm to 3pm (Sunday Lunch/Soup for sale available at the club)
Despite the difficulties the club has experienced with water levels over the last few weeks the Winter series started this weekend (15th September).
The day attracted 10 boats to the water, on what some may call calm, but for others a pleasant sail on our blue water lake. The racing schedule followed the normal race format for Sundays, being one pursuit race followed by class starts for Albacore, Laser, Solo and Menagerie.
The first races of the series saw many of the usual racers away allowing for some new faces to show their prominence over the fleet.
Next Sunday 22/9/19 will be t he same format.